PPC or pay-per-click advertising is a Google Adword marketing strategy that can efficiently and effectively drive targeted Web traffic to a website or landing page. Many prefer this method because it can produce results much faster than other digital marketing techniques. Like many others, it may not be free. However, its relative affordability makes it a method that can generate significant returns on investment.
What is pay-per-click advertising?
Pay-per-click advertising is essentially the process where the advertiser pays the publisher every time a user clicks the ad on the site. The cost varies depending on several factors, but if executed correctly, it can potentially deliver significant results for a business, regardless of trade or industry. With that said, we’ll talk about the dos and don’ts of doing a PPC campaign to ensure that you achieve the desired outcome.
What you should do in your PPC campaign
There are several things you must carefully consider when building and running a pay-per-click advertising campaign, and the following are the do’s that will enable you to get the best results:
- Perform keyword research before setting your ads up. It’s a general rule of thumb to conduct keyword research first when building a PPC campaign. With tools like Google’s Keyword Planner, you’ll be able to determine the phrases and terms that will produce the best results.
- Group the keywords on relevance and theme. For any pay-per-click advertising campaign to work, it must get its results from targeted groups specifically. Utilizing keywords relevant to the targeted audience will give you a much better chance at increasing your click-through rate or CTR, leading to higher quality scores and better value for the ads.
- Ensure that the website or landing pages are well-designed. Users will click on the ads because they’re looking for information on goods and services they need. If your online domain or landing page isn’t well-designed or lacks quality content, they’ll disengage. And you’ll end up with a higher bounce rate as a result. It will also affect your image. So make sure that they’re well-designed and professionally built. Not only will it enhance your large or small business reputation management, but your PPC efforts will also lead to better conversion rates.
- Hire experts for the job. PPC might sound like a simple strategy, but it’s more complex than people realize. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to invest in the services of a PPC management company. It will keep you from costly mistakes while giving you better odds of success.
What you shouldn’t do in your PPC campaign
To have a successful PPC campaign, there are things you need to avoid doing. Here are some of the things that could potentially ruin your campaign:
- Never select keywords based solely on the volume of searches. Keywords with a greater volume mean that they likely have a lot of competition from other advertisers, leading to higher costs. So don’t select keywords based on the search volume alone.
- Don’t forget to check on the status of your campaign regularly. Much like other digital marketing strategies, such as hotel reputation management, it’s essential to check on the status of the PPC campaign periodically, or you won’t find a way to improve upon it.
- Avoid directing all the traffic to one digital asset alone. Instead, you must guide traffic to both your website and your online domain instead of just one or the other, or you may miss opportunities to convert.
Businesses can no longer succeed on traditional methods of advertising alone. Through digital marketing solutions like PPC, you’ll give your entrepreneurial venture a much better chance of reeling in the target audience and improving revenue.